Note: When running the steps below, the user MUST have administrator privelages
- Click the Start menu and type in "task" (without the quotes) in the search box (click "continue" if prompted)
- On the right-hand side of the Task Scheduler, click "Create Task"
- On the General Tab, type a name to identify your task - such as "Gmail Notifier"
- [IMPORTANT] Check the "Run with highest privileges" check box
- Click the "Triggers" tab, click "New"
- Select "At log on" from the "Begin task" drop-down and click "OK"
- Click the "Actions" tab, click "New"
- Leave the "Action" drop-down set to "Start a Program"
- Click "Browse" and find the Gmail Notifier Application (C:\Program Files (x86)\GmailNotifier.Net\Sohail's Gmail Notifier for Google Apps (Pro)\GmailNotifier.exe)
- Click "OK"
- Click "OK" to save the task
Your program should now run any time you log in, and with full permissions and without any annoying Vista