Welcome to GmailNotifier.Net Sign in | Join
in Search

Cannot connect to pop.gmail.com

Last post 03-18-2018 12:07 AM by kevinmanuel. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-18-2018 12:07 AM

Cannot connect to pop.gmail.com

HI, I've had my Macbook Pro for almost two years. Over it's lifetime, I've had to setup thunderbird to access my gmail account (after wiping, updating, etc.). The only time I've ever had a problem was initial setup and it was pretty quickly solved by looking at gmail's instructions. Now today it's suddenly stopped connecting to pop.gmail.com giving the error message "Could not connect to server pop.gmail.com; connection was refused." It's been several months since I last setup thunderbird. Over my Christmas break when I was home from school and using my wireless network, if my computer went to sleep I would have this problem until I restarted the computer (restarting thunderbird didn't fix it). Although the problem didn't start until the last week of break for some reason.I've been back to school and come home again once with no problems. I came home tonight and suddenly I can't connect to gmail nor can I connect to my school's newsgroups. The newsgroups may or may not be unrelated, they're down way more often than they should be. thunderbird still reads RSS feeds properly and I can browse the internet, use IM, etc. Restarting doesn't help anymore. As far as I know no changes have been made to the network. I generally do any maintenance to it as my parents aren't as tech savvy. I did add a bridge to the network last time I was home but had no problems connecting to gmail after setup. I had it connected and setup on a friday night and used thunderbird for email all weekend with no problems whatsoever. This problem seems to be rather sudden and random. Any suggestions on what's wrong and how to fix it? please help I did not find the right solution from the internet. References: Thanks
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © GmailNotifier.Net, 2010. All rights reserved.